Do you want low-cost car insurance rates in Tempe, AZ? Having to pay for expensive car insurance in Tempe can diminish your monthly budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Doing a rate comparison is recommended to lower your bills every month.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Tempe could save $733 every year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Because you have many different company options, it can be impossible to choose the cheapest insurer.
It's a good idea to quote other rates yearly because rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on car insurance at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Companies offering competitive prices in Arizona
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Tempe, AZ. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Tempe car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Anti-theft System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in school.
- Student in College - Youth drivers living away from Tempe attending college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky. But all discounts should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, homeowner, mature driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- USAA may include discounts for military installation, vehicle storage, family discount, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in Tempe. To choose companies who offer car insurance discounts in Tempe, follow this link.
Car insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Buying auto insurance from Tempe auto insurance agents
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company shouldn't rely on just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tempe?
After getting good feedback to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found a company that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
Insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people's claims. Liability doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, legal defense fees, medical expenses and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you many ways to find cheaper coverage online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheap Tempe auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, link through to the articles below: