No car owner looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,600, drivers could cut their rates by nearly 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to find affordable car insurance rates. Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest price on car insurance.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates on a regular basis because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on car insurance on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the best ways to get good coverage on car insurance at a lower rate.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide details including marital status, if you went to college, types of safety features, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Payson.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$794||$397||$66|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$954||$477||$80|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$858||$429||$72|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$926||$463||$77|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Ford Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$692||$346||$58|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$984||$492||$82|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$836||$418||$70|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$732||$366||$61|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$988||$494||$82|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$764||$382||$64|
|Toyota Camry LE||$806||$403||$67|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$964||$482||$80|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$770||$385||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates noticeably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
A question often asked by Payson drivers is at what level do you set your deductibles. The following tables can help you visualize how much more rates are of buying low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in Payson location which can influence insurance rates considerably.
Based on the figures above, using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $32 more each month or $384 a year than opting for the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would have to pay $900 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average more than 28 months between claims, you would save more money if you choose the higher deductible.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of insurance, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance advertising tricks
Consumers in Arizona can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads state the claim that drivers can save some big amount if you get a free Payson auto insurance quote and switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
But how can every company charge you less for auto insurance?
All companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a driver they prefer might be over the age of 35, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who meets those qualifications may get the lowest rates in Payson and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don't meet the "perfect" profile will probably be forced to pay a higher rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much when switching. That's why companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
This really drives home the point why you need to compare as many free Payson auto insurance quotes as you can. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest car insurance in Payson.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Online Discount - Certain auto insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the web.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used car can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-car, online quote, online shopper, homeowner, and DriveSense.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, group or association, multi-policy, company car, paid in full, safe vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driver, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
When getting free Payson auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view providers who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Arizona, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Payson insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Payson.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Payson that can give you free Payson auto insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can sell insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Picking an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Payson?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your auto insurance rates in Payson. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheap Payson auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. They often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Payson can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arizona can be read at these links:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Prescott, Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Mazda CX-7 in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Phoenix, AZ? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)