Searching for budget quotes online might seem rather challenging for vehicle owners who are new to comparison shopping over the internet. With more and more companies competing online, how can anyone efficiently compare each option to find the best price?
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most auto insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,600, Arizona drivers could pocket roughly 50% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
How to compare Avondale auto insurance quotes
When quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Avondale, AZ. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$900||$450||$75|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$882||$441||$74|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$774||$387||$65|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$994||$497||$83|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$916||$458||$76|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,084||$542||$90|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$892||$446||$74|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,044||$522||$87|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$750||$375||$63|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$892||$446||$74|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$986||$493||$82|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Toyota Camry LE||$790||$395||$66|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease coverage rates greatly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Ford Fusion annual premium costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Avondale auto insurance quote.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies will give a small break get Avondale auto insurance on their website.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-theft, seat belt use, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, anti-theft, and driver's education.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for accident-free, annual mileage, multi-policy, age of vehicle, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may include discounts for automatic seat belts, driver training, theft prevention, air bags, student driver, anti-lock brakes, and early bird.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, auto/life discount, economy car, safe driver, and new car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in Avondale.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
You can find affordable coverage
When searching for cheaper Avondale auto insurance quotes, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Discount auto insurance in Avondale is definitely available online in addition to many Avondale insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable Arizona Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Flagstaff, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)