Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced insurance rates in Glendale, AZ? Are you regretting buying an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Say no more because many Glendale drivers feel the same as you.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of Arizona drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save themselves roughly 47% a year, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Vehicle owners have many insurers to pick from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates periodically due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates on insurance two years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
When comparison shopping, quoting more helps locate a lower rate.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Glendale, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$792||$396||$66|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$878||$439||$73|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,044||$522||$87|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$680||$340||$57|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$956||$478||$80|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$982||$491||$82|
|Toyota Camry SE||$988||$494||$82|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$882||$441||$74|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location information which can influence premium rates greatly.
Age, gender, and differences in insurance rates
The example below shows the comparison of insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Glendale. The data is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Nissan Altima Hybrid.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The information below shows the difference between Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Malibu replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Hyundai Elantra insurance prices for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Affordable Glendale car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow data collection to track driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop Glendale auto insurance digitally online.
- Driver Safety - Completing a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Distant Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Signing - Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, military active duty, air bags, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for multi-policy, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, good driver, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, distant student, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, safe vehicle, safe driver, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new vehicle discount, multi-policy, teen driver discount, newly married, newly retired, and safety features.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for new vehicle, defensive driver, annual mileage, multi-policy, and driver training.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Glendale. If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Glendale car insurance agents?
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Glendale.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Glendale that provide free Glendale auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around because prices are sent to you. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Below is a list of insurance companies in Glendale that may be able to provide price quote information.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Components of your insurance costs
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Gender matters - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- City traffic equals higher costs - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Know your vehicle's crash test rating - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your car has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Teenage drivers pay high costs - Teenage drivers in Arizona have a tendency to be easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Arizona
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, it's most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Quote more to save more
When searching for the cheapest Glendale auto insurance quotes, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Glendale is attainable online and with local Glendale insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be read at the links below
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Yuma, AZ? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Nurses in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)