Are you searching for lower-priced insurance rates in Prescott Valley, AZ? Shopping for cheap Prescott Valley car insurance can be complicated if you are one of the millions of people new to online price quotes. Don't let that stop you because using the internet to shop for insurance is actually quite easy.
Sadly, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,600, Prescott Valley drivers can save roughly 50% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You may qualify for discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can get a slight reduction on a Prescott Valley car insurance quote.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- New Car Discount - Putting coverage on a new car can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Prescott Valley car insurance online.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Prescott Valley drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. But any discount will help lower the premium cost.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple policy, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, military active duty, membership and employees, and driver training.
- Allstate may include discounts for eSmart discount, anti-theft, senior citizen, resident student, and passive restraint.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
When getting free Prescott Valley car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see insurance companies with the best discounts in Prescott Valley, follow this link.
The majority of larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is quite easy as you just type in your coverage information into the form. Once entered, the quote system will order your driving record and credit report and provides a quote determined by many factors.
Using the web to get quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get cheap insurance pricing.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$698||$349||$58|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$764||$382||$64|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$810||$405||$68|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$1,374||$687||$115|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$772||$386||$64|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$830||$415||$69|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,092||$546||$91|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$762||$381||$64|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$780||$390||$65|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$966||$483||$81|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$764||$382||$64|
|Kia Optima EX||$912||$456||$76|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$986||$493||$82|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$962||$481||$80|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$946||$473||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Decisions you make can impact your prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Your address can push rates up or down - Residing in a small town has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. City drivers regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
Do you really need to file that car insurance claims? - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Arizona give the lowest premiums to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Low mileage costs less - The higher the miles on your car annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your vehicle rating properly reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Affects performance affects auto insurance rates - The performance of the car or truck you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
If you don't need it don't buy it - There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase when buying car insurance. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Prescott Valley who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Prescott Valley should know the answers to these questions.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Prescott Valley, maintaining insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is overpaying over $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Cheap auto insurance is out there
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on auto insurance in Prescott Valley. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with local independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Prescott Valley can be purchased on the web in addition to many Prescott Valley insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much are Arizona Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Phoenix, AZ? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)