Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable auto insurance rates in Douglas, AZ? Did budget coverage turn out to be overpriced auto insurance? Don't sweat it because you're not alone.
A recent survey discovered that over 70% of Arizona drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. The average driver in the United States can save nearly 47% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
Auto insurance companies in Arizona
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Douglas, AZ. To get cheap car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,374||$687||$115|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$804||$402||$67|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$680||$340||$57|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,244||$622||$104|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$962||$481||$80|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$816||$408||$68|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$988||$494||$82|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$994||$497||$83|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$962||$481||$80|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$950||$475||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact prices significantly.
Higher deductibles save money
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for auto insurance is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The premium rates below may help to illustrate the costs and benefits when you buy lower versus higher policy deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second set of rates uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in Douglas location which can influence coverage prices greatly.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $21 more each month or $252 annually than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Because you would pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at a minimum 19 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money if you opt for a higher deductible.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can drive up Toyota Corolla annual premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance premiums by gender
The chart below shows the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in Douglas. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied on a Toyota Camry XLE.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Take advantage of every insurance discount
Some providers don't always publicize all possible discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Having more than one vehicle with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, driver training, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, good driver, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, multi-policy, safety device, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, bundle, driver training, good student, defensive driver, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply in your state. For a list of providers who offer free insurance quotes in Arizona, follow this link.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to your policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Most agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Douglas.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Best auto insurance agent in Douglas
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn why they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Douglas?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long has their agency been open in Douglas?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Arizona consumers can't get away from ads that claim the cheapest rates from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies advertise the message that you'll save big if you just switch your coverage.
Is it even possible that every company can make almost identical claims? It's all in the words they use.
Car insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable insured might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A propective insured that meets those criteria will probably get cheap rates as well as save money with a new company.
Potential customers who don't meet this ideal profile may be forced to pay higher premium rates and the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you need to get Douglas auto insurance quotes from several different companies. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Frequent quotes can save
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your car insurance auto insurance rates in Douglas. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Douglas auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agents. The cheapest car insurance in Douglas is possible both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional car insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Peoria, AZ? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Arizona? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)