Are you researching more affordable Ford Escape insurance in Mesa? Have you had enough of paying out the nose to make your car insurance payment? You're in the same situation as millions of other drivers.
It's hard to believe, but a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in Arizona could pocket as much as $733 a year, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they changed companies. Having so many choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a Ford Escape in Mesa, it can be diffult for people to choose the lowest cost car insurance company.
Finding and buying the most affordable coverage in Mesa is not as hard as you think. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Drivers just need to use the most effective way to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Six factors that influence insurance rates
Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
Defend yourself with liability coverage - Your policy's liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Marriage equates to better rates - Your spouse can actually save you money on your policy. It usually means you are less irresponsible and it's proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Keep the miles off and save - The more you drive in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Escape may be wasting your money. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Low coverage deductibles mean high costs - Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Ford. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, hitting a deer, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Policy add-ons add up - Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford Escape - Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Ford Escape vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Escape Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Escape 4dr 2WD||80||91||83||94||94||92|
|Ford Escape 4dr 4WD||81||84||94||85||90||77|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare Mesa Ford Escape insurance quotes online
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$224||$394||$344||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$160||$254||$260||$16||$78||$768||$64|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$108||$208||$288||$18||$86||$708||$59|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$200||$314||$268||$16||$80||$878||$73|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$146||$214||$240||$14||$72||$686||$57|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$146||$268||$244||$14||$74||$746||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify coverage rates substantially.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The example below shows how violations and accident claims can impact Ford Escape yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Protect your Ford Escape and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Life Insurance Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Escape insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Mesa auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain car insurance companies provide a small discount shop Mesa auto insurance over the internet.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, student away at school, good driver, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, safe driver, driver training, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, military active duty, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, drive less, bundle discounts, safe driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
When getting free Mesa auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Mesa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The following is a short list of insurers in Mesa that are able to give rate quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Mesa.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
When do I need an agent's advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my Ford Escape need full coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
The cheapest Ford Escape insurance in Mesa can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
While you're price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of tips how to reduce Ford Escape insurance car insurance rates online in Mesa. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High School Students in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)