Want to know how to find more competitive auto insurance rates in Gilbert, AZ? Trying to find cheaper auto insurance can be slightly frustrating for people who have little experience online insurance quotes. There are so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become a ton of work to find the perfect company for you.
Unbelievably, almost 70% of drivers in Arizona kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could cut their rates by up to 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they don't know the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
It's a great practice to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on auto insurance at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Gilbert auto insurance.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate offers discounts for early signing, anti-lock brakes, FullPay discount, senior citizen, EZ pay plan discount, and 55 and retired.
- Nationwide discounts include easy pay, family plan, anti-theft, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
When getting free Gilbert auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Arizona, click here.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide details such as your occupation, the type of vehicles you drive, whether you are single or married, and if you require a SR-22. Your insurance information is sent automatically to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To find lower rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Gilbert.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Arizona. To locate the best auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$860||$430||$72|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$858||$429||$72|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$896||$448||$75|
|Ford Explorer XLT 2WD||$954||$477||$80|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$690||$345||$58|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Ford Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$940||$470||$78|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$892||$446||$74|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$748||$374||$62|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$960||$480||$80|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,040||$520||$87|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$864||$432||$72|
|Kia Optima LX||$954||$477||$80|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$882||$441||$74|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Toyota Corolla S||$838||$419||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence rates considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Hyundai Sonata premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault claims can impact Hyundai Sonata premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
You have control over your auto insurance premiums
Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The following are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rearending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance premiums - The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Don't get traffic citations - Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Having a single citation may increase your cost to the point where it's not affordable. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress occupation? - Occupations such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
How much car insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Should I talk to an agent?
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Gilbert that can give you free Gilbert auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Gilbert?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below are Gilbert exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Gregory Rogers Agency Inc.
2323 E Guadalupe Rd #102 - Gilbert, AZ 85234 - (480) 503-2345 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Troy Mauser
633 E Ray Rd Ste 102 - Gilbert, AZ 85296 - (480) 503-2656 - View Map
- Jason Earl - State Farm Insurance Agent
3120 S Gilbert Rd #4 - Chandler, AZ 85286 - (480) 895-2040 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Gilbert who can help you get price quote information.
- Witkin Insurance Agency, Inc
1176 E Warner Rd #108 - Gilbert, AZ 85296 - (480) 926-9090 - View Map
- BMB INSURANCE AGENCY LLC
1111 N Gilbert Rd #210a - Gilbert, AZ 85234 - (480) 307-8147 - View Map
- The Arizona Group Insurance Brokers
3325 E Baseline Rd - Gilbert, AZ 85234 - (480) 892-8755 - View Map
Upon receiving acceptable answers to these questions as well as cheap Gilbert auto insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Arizona
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Gilbert, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
We just presented many ideas to compare insurance rates in Gilbert. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Gilbert auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Arizona Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Bullhead City, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arizona Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)