How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Prescott, AZ? Prescott shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost car insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a and get the best price possible from both online companies and Prescott agents.
Most companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online rates is fairly straightforward as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system will order your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors.
Getting online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a lower rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you are getting a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Arizona, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$984||$492||$82|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$708||$354||$59|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$930||$465||$78|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$830||$415||$69|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$672||$336||$56|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$744||$372||$62|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$926||$463||$77|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$874||$437||$73|
|Toyota Camry LE||$790||$395||$66|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$834||$417||$70|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can affect price quotes greatly.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Toyota Camry insurance premiums for different age groups. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Drive safe and save
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Ford Focus insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
When comparing car insurance rates, the most common question is how low should you set your deductibles. The comparisons below may aid in understanding the rate fluctuation of buying low and high coverage deductibles. The first data set uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second rate table uses a $500 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$258||$382||$300||$18||$90||$1,073||$89|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$292||$382||$300||$18||$90||$1,107||$92|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$292||$382||$300||$18||$90||$1,107||$92|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$292||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,191||$99|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$292||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,191||$99|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$292||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,191||$99|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$292||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,191||$99|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$188||$258||$300||$18||$90||$854||$71|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$212||$258||$300||$18||$90||$878||$73|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$212||$258||$300||$18||$90||$878||$73|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$212||$314||$300||$18||$90||$934||$78|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$212||$314||$300||$18||$90||$934||$78|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$212||$314||$300||$18||$90||$934||$78|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$212||$314||$300||$18||$90||$934||$78|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific Prescott garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
We can derive from the above data that using a $100 deductible would cost the average driver about $20 more each month or $240 each year than buying the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $400 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally average at a minimum 20 months between claims, you would probably be better off by going with a higher deductible.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Prescott, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Can you really save $437 a year?
Arizona drivers can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price insurance from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount just by switching your insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company lower your car insurance rates?
Companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For example, this type of driver might be a married male, has no prior claims, and insures a new vehicle. Anybody who fits those characteristics will most likely get cheap premium rates and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
People who don't measure up to those criteria may be required to pay a higher rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The trick is to say "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. That's why insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Different companies use different criteria so drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest insurance in Prescott.
Get discounts on Prescott car insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Early Switch Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Prescott auto insurance quote.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will cut your car insurance premiums.
Companies who might offer these discounts are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area. To choose providers who offer car insurance discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Cover all your bases
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest insurance in Prescott is available from both online companies and with local Prescott insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Scottsdale, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Buckeye, AZ? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arizona Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Arizona? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)