How many years has it been since you compared more competitive Chevy Equinox insurance in Mesa? Did a good deal turn out to be an expensive insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Mesa drivers feel the same as you.
It's astonishing, but most insurance buyers in Arizona have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in the U.S. could save an average of $859 each year just by shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to go online and compare rates. Popular companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company's rates before your policy renews since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best quotes on Chevy Equinox insurance in Mesa a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Mesa is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Shoppers just have to understand the proper way to compare different rates over the internet.
Getting a cheap price on insurance is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes getting comparison quotes to see which company has the cheapest Chevrolet Equinox rate quotes.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to different agent offices. Comparing Chevy Equinox insurance rates online makes this unnecessary unless you prefer the professional advice of a local agent. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arizona. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Arizona, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$124||$240||$338||$20||$102||$824||$69|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$224||$382||$306||$18||$92||$1,022||$85|
|Equinox LS AWD||$222||$456||$314||$18||$94||$1,104||$92|
|Equinox LT AWD||$162||$308||$314||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$138||$284||$314||$18||$94||$848||$71|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$166||$316||$288||$18||$86||$874||$73|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$250||$566||$338||$20||$102||$1,276||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can modify premiums significantly.
Chevrolet Equinox insurance rates by age and gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Equinox insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Equinox insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn't a written rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Equinox claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Chevrolet Equinox insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Claim Free - Mesa drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Mesa car insurance quote when compared with bad drivers.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Distant Student - Children who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Mesa car insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Mesa. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Mesa, click here.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Mesa auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Mesa car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Mesa?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
When researching a local Mesa insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents in Mesa may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning the differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Mesa that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance - Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 - Mesa, AZ 85205 - (480) 634-7039 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Mesa willing to provide price quotes.
Arizona Federal Insurance Solutions and The Arizona Group
1125 E Southern Ave - Mesa, AZ 85204 - (480) 892-8755 - View Map
What Determines Chevy Equinox Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Urban areas may pay more - Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Consider raising deductibles - Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Chevy. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Marriage can save you money - Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Save by driving less - Driving more miles every year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Equinox can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- When should you file a insurance claims? - Insurance companies in Arizona generally give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Chevy Equinox insurance loss statistics - Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Chevy Equinox vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD 82 86 74 101 104 93 Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD 84 88 85 89 93 81
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Mesa, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don't give up on cheap rates
We covered many tips how you can lower your Chevy Equinox insurance premium rates in Mesa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Mesa car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
The cheapest Chevy Equinox insurance in Mesa is available both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Tempe, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Tucson, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)