Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Ford F-150 insurance in Phoenix? Are you sick and tired of scraping nickels together each month for car insurance? You have the same problem as most other consumers in Arizona.
Astonishing but true, the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,578, drivers could save approximately 50% each year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates once or twice a year because insurance rates change regularly. If you had the lowest premium rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Phoenix two years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rates from different Phoenix insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find cheaper Ford F-150 rates consists of shopping online.
It's so easy to compare rate quotes online that it replaces the need to physically go to insurance agents' offices. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional advice only provided by licensed Phoenix agents. Although you can price shop your coverage online but buy the policy through an agent. Just remember that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Not every company does Phoenix F-150 insurance quotes online, so it's important to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$194||$308||$338||$20||$102||$962||$80|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$160||$254||$306||$18||$92||$830||$69|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$150||$238||$308||$18||$92||$806||$67|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$176||$326||$288||$18||$86||$894||$75|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$142||$266||$338||$20||$102||$868||$72|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$180||$292||$390||$24||$116||$1,002||$84|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$200||$330||$338||$20||$102||$990||$83|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$200||$314||$314||$18||$94||$940||$78|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$146||$214||$282||$16||$84||$742||$62|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$172||$238||$308||$18||$92||$828||$69|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$318||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$200||$314||$314||$18||$94||$940||$78|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$248||$432||$390||$24||$116||$1,210||$101|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$250||$362||$390||$24||$116||$1,142||$95|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$148||$186||$308||$18||$92||$752||$63|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$164||$214||$282||$16||$84||$760||$63|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$250||$456||$338||$20||$102||$1,166||$97|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$206||$308||$306||$18||$92||$930||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$250||$456||$314||$18||$94||$1,132||$94|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$204||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$526||$390||$24||$116||$1,336||$111|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$166||$268||$288||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$240||$306||$18||$92||$812||$68|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$124||$204||$282||$16||$84||$710||$59|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$290||$480||$404||$24||$122||$1,320||$110|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$250||$538||$338||$20||$102||$1,248||$104|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$250||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,300||$108|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$206||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,030||$86|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$224||$382||$282||$16||$84||$988||$82|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$154||$298||$338||$20||$102||$912||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location which can influence rates noticeably.
Ford F-150 liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford F-150 insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact formula to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and accident claims can influence Ford F-150 car insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though Phoenix F-150 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save with these discounts
Some insurers don't always list every discount very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching to them before your current F-150 insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Phoenix auto insurance quotes online.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount will lower your policy premiums.
To see a list of providers that offer discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Phoenix auto insurance agents?
Some people would rather have an agent's advice and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in Phoenix who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How are claims handled?
If you would like to find a good Phoenix insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quotes.
22601 N 19th Ave #216 - Phoenix, AZ 85027 - (623) 572-0032 - View Map
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Quote often and quote early
Discount Ford F-150 insurance in Phoenix can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Ford F-150 insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Tempe, Arizona? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Arizona? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in San Tan Valley, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Arizona? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)