How long has it been since you compared quotes for more affordable Toyota Camry insurance in Phoenix? Buying the most affordable Phoenix Toyota Camry insurance quotes online might appear somewhat intimidating for beginners to online price comparisons. With so many options of online companies available, how are we expected to possibly compare the different rates to find cheaper auto insurance prices?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Arizona consumers could cut their rates by $700 a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates.
Cheap companies for Toyota Camry insurance in Arizona
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Arizona, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can alter coverage prices considerably.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below shows how violations and fender-benders impact Toyota Camry insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows the comparison of Toyota Camry premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Cheaper Toyota Camry insurance in Phoenix
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Phoenix can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, alternative fuel, homeowner, youthful driver, distant student, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, homeowner, good student, online quote, anti-theft, and good driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, and multi-car.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, driver's education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Phoenix.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Toyota Camry?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Toyota Camry to commute?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a Toyota Camry?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I buy only the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just the price. Any agent in Phoenix should be willing to answer these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Toyota Camry.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, emergency aid, bail bonds, medical expenses and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, surgery, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and theft. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your Camry caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your Camry to save money on collision insurance.
Quote more and you will save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers work with independent agencies. Budget-conscious Toyota Camry insurance is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
You just read some good ideas how you can get a better price on Toyota Camry insurance in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Gilbert, AZ? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)